The Department of History is led by Dr. Gregg Michel and is located at MH 4.04.06. As of the publishing of the 2010-2012 Undergraduate Catalog, the faculty includes 8 full professors (including President Ricardo Romo), 9 associate professors, 4 assistant professors, 4 senior lecturers, and 1 lecturer III.
At the undergraduate level, it offers majors and minors in American Studies and in History, with the major in History having an optional Social Studies concentration. At the graduate level, it offers only an MA in History, with the requirements being a 3.2 in your undergraduate history work and a 3.2 in your last undergraduate 60 credit hours.
The department's only scholarship is the Dwight F. Henderson Endowed Scholarship in History. It requires the student to be a history major (graduate or undergraduate), have a 3.0 GPA, and submit a biographical letter and a faculty letter of recommendation.
The department began in 2001. Before that, its programs were housed in the Division of Behavioral and Cultural Sciences with Anthropology and Psychology.
- BA in History: 1975-present
- BA in American Studies: 1978-present
- Social Studies concentration in History: 2006-present
- Minor in History: 1994-present
- Minor in American Studies: 1994-present
- Minor in Women's Studies (now in COEHD): 1994-2010
- MA in History: 1975-present
- ↑ "History, Department of". UTSA Directory. Retrieved January 29, 2012.
- ↑ "Appendix A: UTSA Faculty". 2010-2012 Undergraduate Catalog. Retrieved January 29, 2012.
- ↑ "Department of History". 2010-2012 Undergraduate Catalog. Retrieved January 29, 2012.
- ↑ "Department of History". 2010-2012 Graduate Catalog. Retrieved January 29, 2012.
- ↑ "Dwight F. Henderson Endowed Scholarship in History". Department of History. Retrieved January 29, 2012.
|This wiki is not owned or operated by The University of Texas at San Antonio. It is independent and unofficial and its views reflect those of its contributors in the UTSA community--students, alumni, and anyone else interested in helping out.|